Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Successful survey, but invasion of sickness again

I anguished over the questions on the survey for many days and finally bit the bullet and decided on what to include.   I limited the initial survey to 10 questions as I did not want to overwhelm anyone, especially this close to the end of the grading period!
I've been very happy with the response from our staff, so far I have 34 respondents to the survey and a lot of good data.  I've started to analyze the data, trying to find patterns according to years of experience and other variables.  The data does seem to confirm my hypothesis that most teachers have a very limited knowledge of the McKinney-Vento Act and exactly what to do when we have homeless students in our classes.
I'm leaving the survey open for a couple more days until the break and then will analyze the data some more over the break.  Afterwards I will provide the staff with a folder of information relevant to homeless students and then survey them again to see if they are better equipped to deal with them.
Okay, better sign off now... oldest son just finished taking antibiotics for strep about 10 days ago and now has horrible sore throat and congestion.  I predict a visit to the doctor in the near future and hope he doesn't feel too bad over the break as we have a couple of days at the beach planned.

No comments: